Saturday, December 4, 2010

Thursday 2 December - Covering ground


11.11pm, In an amazing pub with my friend Emily. The pub is called Gordon's Wine Bar near Charing Cross and it was, quite simply, awesome. It's the oldest wine bar in London and Rudyard Kipling used to live in the building above. We sat in this underground bit and made friends with some men who were on a Christmas meet-up in full festive jumpers. Emily was on top form and we had heaps of fun.

On the way home (after maybe one wine too many) I got on the bus and waited patiently for my stop...which never came. I ended up in Newington Green where I was told it was the end of the bus route and the driver was at the end of his shift. Bugger. However, the lovely bus driver took pity on me (I must have looked like a Cornish hillbilly) and dropped me home. Aren't people kind?

(Picture taken from The Purple Passport)

No comments:

Post a Comment