Monday, December 20, 2010

Sunday 19 December - Sunday Run-day


Current location: Penzance, Cornwall
11.11pm, Collapsed in front of the TV, without that Sunday night feeling. I had such a productive day (well, productive for a Sunday), which started off with me going to 9am mass, followed by a three-mile run (very impressive for me; I hate running) with Mum and then wrapping of my Christmas presents at Lily's house.

The run was actually really fun; Mum persuaded me to go and I was a bit worried as she is super-fit (she is in a running club and looks/acts about half her actual age) but we went on a really beautiful route and I enjoyed the exercise. We ran along the seafront towards Marazion (though we didn't make it all the way to Marazion) and the sun was shining. Lovely! My legs are aching now though.

The image is of the beach that we ran alongside, and was taken by Andy two years ago. The route that Mum and I ran today was actually the same route that Andy and I walked on Boxing Day 2008 when we had only just met; I think it was the first time we ever spent time on our own, and the area holds lovely memories of Christmas and love and joy. And now running and aching legs.

2 comments:

  1. So good that you run 3 miles! When I have intentions to start running, I usually run 3 times and then I give up haha:)
    But for spring I have the intention to start running again!
    Too bad I cannot watch the picture!
    Hope your legs are less sore now:)

    Xx Jorien
    she--said.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  2. I like the link higgins, good work!!
    Funnily enough the message you sent me telling me you had just gone on a mega run and were just on your way, arrived about half an hour. Good one vodaphone!

    ReplyDelete