Tuesday, December 14, 2010

Sunday 12 December - Eat pray love


11.11am, Sitting in church with my mum, sister, uncle and auntie, feeling tired and laughing at my mum trying not to be a bad Catholic. She was pretty hungover but couldn't complain too much as she had dragged us all to church with her, so smiled sweetly and sung hymns and no doubt prayed for the mass to be over quickly. I was brought up Catholic by my parents (mainly Mum) and went to a Catholic primary school in Penzance. Though I don't really go to church anymore, it's nice to go when I'm back home in Cornwall...

The image is not actually of the church I go/went to, (which is called the Church of the Immaculate Conception) but it's an old postcard of a nearby church in Gulval. I just think it's a cool postcard; taken from west-penwith.org)

No comments:

Post a Comment