Monday, December 13, 2010

Saturday 11 December - Let's party like it's 2010!





11.11pm, At my mum's 60th birthday party! My mum, one of the world's finest people, reaches the grand old age of 60 on Monday so she organised a big party to celebrate. At one time in her life, about 10 years ago, reaching 60 wasn't a given. It was a scary time, but she was super brave and vowed that, if she got to 60, she would throw a huge party. She got back to full health and has reached 60 in the finest style. She is uber-fit, uber-fun and uber-fantastic and she really sparkled at her party.
We (the women) hopped in a hot-pink limo first, which drove us all around Penzance, even stopping off for a pre-party cocktail. It was hilarious and so much fun (I'd never been in a limo before but now I think it's my transport of choice) and got us all in the party mood.
The party was so much fun; lots of new and old faces, laughter, heaps of eating and drinking, some speeches, some presents and, all in all, much joy.

Ps, Top picture = My mum and dad. Check out Dad's sparkly suit... It's Versace, don't you know?!
Second picture down = My sisters, Mum and I. L-R: Claire, Me, Mum, Pippa, Kate. How beautiful are they?!

No comments:

Post a Comment