Tuesday, December 28, 2010

Sunday 26 December - The tradition of Boxing Day






Current location: Relubbus, Cornwall
11.11pm, In the Johns household, pouring myself another sloe gin.
Four years ago on Boxing Day, a few friends and I went to the (beautiful and lovely) house of another friend, Jack Johns. I've known him since I was 11 and he has become a very special friend in my life. Anyway, unbeknownst to us, going to their house that day sparked off what I hope is to become a very long-standing tradition. Boxing Day at the Johns house is now something of a Christmas staple, where you can expect ham, gin and lots of very-competitive games, namely Articulate. Sally and Mac Johns are brilliant hosts and I'm already looking forward to next year's Boxing Day party!

Pictures from last year's soiree, taken by Andy.

No comments:

Post a Comment