Saturday, December 11, 2010

Wednesday 8 December - Pedal power


11.11am, Being very proud of myself for cycling in to work! It's the first time I've done it since buying the bike about a month ago, and I've really missed riding. I used to ride almost everywhere by the time we left Berlin, because it was so much easier and faster to cycle there than to use public transport. But, since being in London, I've taken to walking to and from work. It's nice exercise and a fab way to get to know the city but, seeing as it's an hour's walk each way, I sometimes get very tired legs!
So it was a pleasure to be riding again, and not half as scary as I thought. Because I'm riding in rush hour in Central London, it's actually pretty slow, but an improvement on the hour, for sure.

Image of Boris' Bikes taken from Bike Sharing Blogspot. It's a super scheme that Boris Johnson has introduced; these bikes are all over the city and you can hire them for super-low rates: £1 for 24 hours, £5 for 7 days, £45 for a year. I'm genuinely really proud of London for having this scheme!

No comments:

Post a Comment