Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Sunday 26 May – I live in Australia now!


Current location: Sydney, Australia!!!

11.11pm, One the way to our new home! I arrived into Sydney airport tonight after two pretty good flights; well, one excellent one, and one average one. The excellent one was from London to Kuala Lumpur (12 hours) and entailed me getting an upgrade and sitting on the upper deck (swanky) in a massive chair that came with its own cupboard, among other things. I made a lovely plane friend called Jojo (a Filipino male children's nurse) and watched some good films (and some rubbish films) before a 20-minute stopover and getting my second flight to Sydney. This one was normal: cramped, tiring and boring, but I mainly slept. The plane flew in over Sydney at night so the city was lit up and as we went over the Sydney Harbour Bridge and the Opera House, I felt quite overwhelmed! 

Andy, Nick and Bree (Andy's bro and his girlfriend) were there to meet me with flowers and a 'G'day Higlet' sign, it was lovely. Andy had also sorted out a phone for me and contacted all my Aussie friends and got them to send me welcome messages so I had lots of love to read through when I got here! Lucky girl! We then went to Nick and Bree's house, where four more of our friends were, so we had a glass of wine with them, then Andy and I headed up to Ettalong Beach. David and Val's house is lovely, and there is a beach at the end of the road, so I'm happy!

No comments:

Post a Comment