Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Saturday 4 May - Masked Ball








Current location: Porthleven, Cornwall
11.11pm, At the Masked Ball. It's a biannual festival on the clifftop in West Cornwall, and this year was my first year of attendance. I left London this morning and began my train journey down to Redruth, where I was met by Ruth, Nicky and Eve in the sunshine. We drove to Ruth's in Porthleven to  get ready and apply a ridiculous amount of glitter, then headed straight up to the clifftop where Jack and James had put our tents up and already had the barbecue on the go.

The next few hours involved huddling in the tent eating burgers, drinking and playing games, before the sun went down and we went into the festival area. There were loads of tents (including one like a spaceship), ball pools, secret tunnels, Alice in Wonderland-style hidden doors and lot of old familiar faces! We danced, scampered around and made friends, before I slunk off to sleep in the tent at about 3am. A lovely welcome back to Cornwall with some of my very best friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment