Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Thursday 23 May – Hurries, curries and no worries


Current location: Hampton Court
11.11am, Having coffee with David and Val. Andy's parents are over here for a month or two, seeing family and friends and having a holiday, so we managed to meet up today. This time last year we were all on our cycling holiday together! We reminisced a bit about that, then went to a nearby town (I can't remember which one) and had a lovely lunch and a bit of a shop. We planned to go for a walk but it decided to rain (surprisingly) so we hurried straight back home to Hampton Court... where we discovered we were locked out. David and Val, being the resourceful pair that they are, somehow managed to construct a tent out of cardboard though, so we stayed dry. Good work!

By 11.11pm, I was stuffed! I was so full of curry! It's my last night at my sister's house (this past few weeks has been full of 'lasts') and we had such a wicked evening. Kate and I walked to Tooting through the park, which was a really nice walk, and ordered curry from Merch Masala. Kate and Jim LOVE curry and, when they said Merch was their favourite, I knew it would be good. While we were waiting for it, we went to the pub for a cheeky drink, and we were in such good moods, we just couldn't stop laughing at everything. It had started really raining by then and I had left my Oyster card at home (I'm a rubbish Londoner) so we taxied back to theirs, and began our feast. The food was sooo amazing; I can't remember what our dishes were called but I imagine everything from there is pretty delish so I definitely recommend it. I am mega sad about leaving the Rees family; we have had so much fun with them in London in the past few years, and I can't wait to see them again! Love you.

No comments:

Post a Comment