Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Friday 24 May – Going out with a bang






















Current location: Covent Garden
11.11am, In Salvador & Amanda, with my girls. It was my last night in London (my last night in England!) before flying to Australia tomorrow and I spent it with my best friends from uni. We have known each other almost 10 years now and they are such hugely important people in my life. The six of us are all quite different and I have massive amounts of love and respect for each of them. They're such good people! We met at a cocktail bar called Bohemia in Shoreditch for some pretty amazing and crazy cocktails (think worms, dry ice, pasta and lots of other things that shouldn't work in a cocktail but somehow do). Although we meet, in combinations, really regularly, It's so rare that all six of us get to see each other together so we were all really excited and chatty and happy. When we got to Salvador & Amanda, a gorgeous little fun tapas place in Covent Garden, the girls gave me a St Christopher's pendant (the patron saint of travel) with 'Australia 2013' engraved on it. So thoughtful and beautiful, I love it! 

We had a huge dinner then (I never think tapas is going to fill me up but I always feel stuffed afterwards!) and lots of giggles and games and silliness, before hitting the dancefloor. Although I am going to miss these girls like crazy, the fact our friendships are so strong and have gone through so much already meant I wasn't too sad saying goodbye. Plus I'm hoping for a few visitors down under (Catdog, that means you!) so I'm excited! Fabulous last night in England, and now I'm ready to go…

No comments:

Post a Comment