Thursday, May 2, 2013

Sunday 21 April – London Marathon














Current location: Lewisham
11.11am, Finishing some work. I was hurrying through it as I wanted to make sure I got out to watch the London Marathon before the people I knew running it finished (I wasn't quite sure how fast they were!). I arrived an hour or two later to meet Rianne, and start cheering. I really can't stress enough what an amazing atmosphere there is every year, with thousands of people lining the route, and everyone shouting, cheering and clapping for those running it. And as for the runners, there few things that make you realise how amazing people are in the way that the marathon does. It sounds like a cliche but people of all ages, races, shapes, abilities and motivations, running to raise millions of pounds. It's quite overwhelming! Huge, huge congratulations to the people that ran it, especially my friend Thom, who finished in a super-speedy 4hr 10min.

No comments:

Post a Comment