Tuesday, May 28, 2013

Monday 27 May – My first day down under


Current location: Ettalong Beach, New South Wales
11.11am, Sitting on the verandah, reading my book. I'm in Australia!! I arrived last night and managed a full night's sleep before starting my first day in Oz at 6am. I woke to the sound of galahs and cockatoos (a nicer noise than it sounds!) and it was a bit rainy (Whaaaat?? I didn't sign up for that!) but the sun soon came out. After a slow-ish start to the day, I started to get a bit organised and now have a bank account, a working phone, and three potential work-related meetings set up. We took Dana (David and Val's dog, who we are dog-sitting) for a walk on the beach, which just happens to be at the end of the road, and had a little explore of the area. It's a gorgeous, pretty little town, perfect for a bit of acclimatising and relaxing! 

The evening brought more rain, which was actually quite cool because you can sit on the verandah and watch it come down, and we ate stuffed aubergine eggplant (have to use Aussie words now!) and watched a film. A lovely, relaxed, productive first day down under!

No comments:

Post a Comment