Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Tuesday 28 September - So long, Leeli...


11.11am, Waking up. I actually woke up at exactly 11.09am today but I was still in bed, deciding whether I had to get out into the cold real world or if I could stay in my warm bed for a bit longer. I'm sure you can guess which option won.
I'm back in Berlin again, feeling half like a jetsetter and half knackered. I have taken seven flights this month! I feel like I should plant some trees or something to counteract it... Good job i don't have a car I guess!

Just doing a few sorting out bits at home today, then tonight going out for a lovely dinner with lots of people at Maria Peligro. Which should be lovely, but is tinged with sadness because it's Lee's leaving dinner! I can't believe it's time for her to go... It's weird, as it really feels like the Berlin summer is drawing to a close. I guess it is nearly October but, with Lee leaving, who has been here almost exactly the same amount of time that I have, it seems to mark the end of silly season of summer of joy party times!

I've had some ace times with her, the girl with the smiley eyes, including... homemade dinners, chilled out movie nights, high-flying cocktails, Charlottenburg bike missions, the Night of a Thousand Pittas, lake trips to Potsdam, concentration camps, pink wine, birthdays, mooching, lots of pizza (not to mention wurst) and the many, many gin times. It's been ace Leeli, thanks for a fun chapter of Berlin. x

No comments:

Post a Comment