Tuesday, September 28, 2010

Saturday 25 September - Touching down



11.11am (London time), Landing at Luton Airport after a very uncomfortable flight. Andy and I went to an amazing gig last night, where we saw The Cinematic Orchestra, Fink, Andreya Triana, Bonobo and Lou Rhodes at Astra. It was such a good venue, such a good gig, such a good night.

Andy and I started the evening by cycling to Tempelhof park and watching the sunset with Snacky Crackys (Lidl's best offering) and Cointreau. Then we headed to Friedrichshain, which is fast becoming my favourite suburb of Berlin, and ordered copious amounts of gnocci and pizzabrot, much of which went uneaten. Then we sat in the middle of Warschauer Strasse, the main street that has a big pedestrianised bit down the middle (where they are usually lots of skaters) and put the world to rights over a few drinks. By the time we had got to the gig, I realised we'd been on one of the world's best dates, without even really meaning to. Go Andy.

It did mean that my flight (with a hangover and about three hours' sleep) sucked, but I went to Sara and Emily's house and they made it better for me. We made the most handsome, delicious and hilarious roast chicken dinner (one we figured out which end of the chicken to stuff), watched The X Factor, then Sara and I went for some drinks in Brixton. I love my life.

Ps. Andreya Triana absolutely rocked my world at the gig. I think she's my new girl crush. I loved her voice, her look, I even love her album covers a lot. Pictures taken from ParisDJs and Swagger Lifestyle

No comments:

Post a Comment