Sunday, August 17, 2014

Tuesday 22 July – Back in Cornwall!













Current location: Penzance
11.11am, Yiiiipppeeeeeee!!! Being excited! I love being home! I woke up early this morning, just before the train I was on came into Penzance. I didn't really know what or who to expect when I got off the train, but I was met by all my family who live down here: Mum, Dad, Pip, Jo, Vinny, Zac and Bea! With banners! And excitement! And cheering! Aaaah I love being an auntie/sister/daughter!
Before long, the boys had to go off to school, Pip and Dad went off to work, and Jo and Bea went back to theirs, so Mum and I went to my fave place in the whole world: Sennen Beach. On the way there, we stopped at a little local market, full of fresh vegies (Kale was 80p – I'm not in Sydney anymore!) and cakes and sausages, some of my favourite things! After a cake and coffee, we headed down to the beach, where the sun was shining and Cornwall was turning on the charm. Now I really feel like I'm on holiday.
After a few hours of sunbathing and swimming, we went back to Penzance, picked up Bea and went to see Mum and Dad's beautiful new house. It has a huge garden to hang out in, so we stayed there for a few hours, then I met Ruth and Nicky for a Pimm's at Battery Rocks. We had a (very cold!) swim off the rocks, then I headed home for dinner with Mum and Dad, and a cup of tea with Lily, one of my oldest friends.
The lovely, lovely thing about seeing all my family and friends is that, however long it's been since I last saw them, it doesn't feel like any time has passed once we're back together again.

No comments:

Post a Comment