Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Monday 4 August – Happy christening, lovely Louis





Current location: A road in the countryside
11.11am, Driving between Oxfordshire and Gloucestershire. Today is my beautiful nephew Louis' christening, and I am going to be his godmother! I'm so excited, especially as my godson is so gorgeous!
I have to admit, when I got up this morning after last night's post-wedding shenanigans, I was less excited. And more hungover. We all met downstairs for a lovely breakfast, but I could just about manage a cup of peppermint tea, and a piece of fruit! We all sat, laughed, reminisced, teased, joked and rejoiced the wedding, then said some sad goodbyes and I headed off, kindly driven by Sarah's brother.

As I arrived in Nailsworth, where Claire and Matt (and Louis) live, I was still feeling a little worse for wear, but lunch and lots of nieces and nephews soon sorted that out! My grandma, some aunties and uncles, all my sisters, brothers-in-law and parents joined my nieces and nephews, so it was an awesome family turnout!
The church christening service was absolutely lovely; we sung hymns, vowed to renounce the devil and looked adoringly at lovely Louis. He really is lovely.

After the service, we all went back to Claire's house and, as it was super sunny, hung out in the garden having tea and cake. Slowly, people started to leave, so those of us who were left went out for a drink, then Mum, Dad, Claire, Matt, Pip and I had a takeaway and not too late a night. Got to love a big Higgo get-together.

No comments:

Post a Comment