Wednesday, August 20, 2014

Saturday 26 July – Happy Higgins reunion!














Current location: St Ives
11.11pm, Dancing in bars! I don't know which one precisely, as Nicky, Ruth and I went on a (very small) pub crawl, but it was in St Ives somewhere. It was the night-time of what had been an amazing daytime that started with me meeting my newest nephew, Louis, for the very first time! We've been Skyping a lot since he was born in January (and even before he was born, when I would Skype Claire's tummy), but today was the first day we'd actually met!!! Oh my goodness, he is amazing. We had so many good snuggles and jiggles and walking around and relaxing, and he is just awesome.

Now that all my sisters are down in Cornwall (they are incredible sisters, using up their holidays to come to Cornwall at the same time that I'm here), all the Higginses (and Pyrahs and Reeses and Harrisons) are together. It's the best! I wish Andy was here to enjoy it all too, though! But it's been so lovely.

We went to Perranuthnoe, a beach not too far from Penzance that I never really think of going to, but it was so lovely there. It's very calm and flat, and the sea was lovely and warm and perfect for swimming. It was so much fun with all the babies and kids running around, and all the mums and dads in the sea and on the beach.

When we were all sufficiently sandy and sunburnt and tired out, we headed back to Penzance, and went to Mum and Dad's new house for a big barbecue. The kids played in the giant garden, while we made some salads and drank some beer in the sun. The weather has been so ridiculous since I've been over, it's awesome!

At about 9pm, Ruth and Nicky came over and joined us for a drink and joined in all our funny photos! Hahaha I haven't laughed so much in ages! After some more eating and drinking, the three of us and Nicky's sister Jenna went over to St Ives and got ready for a night out. Glammed up and a few drinks down, we went into town and hung out at some bars, feeling about 18 (the age I was when we last went out in St Ives?!), but without the youthful looks! We had such a giggle and a bit of a dance, but the bars all closed quite early, so we went back to Nicky's house for a cup of tea and a game of Categories. We know how to party!

No comments:

Post a Comment