Friday, August 22, 2014

Wednesday 30 July – What a pair of beauts





Current location: Hayle
11.11am, Shopping with Pippa. It's funny because, even though I'm on 'holiday', I half-forget that everyone else is still living their normal lives, so I've been joining in with whatever they've been doing (such as Zumba last night, or shopping with Pip today). It's been so nice doing 'normal' stuff with them again.
After shopping with Pip, I went back into Penzance to meet Lily and have the loveliest Penzance afternoon. We used to spend so much time in 'town', just meandering around the shops, buying little bits in New Look, going for lunch, sitting in Morrab Gardens, and we decided to do exactly the same things today. We had an awesome lunch in Lost and Found, then grabbed a coffee (it would have been a Coke Lemon back in the day) and went to Morrab Gardens for a while. Seriously, the hours we used to spend here, talking about boys, school, nails, hair, life in general. I reckon Penzance is an ace place to be a teenager! Even though there's not heaps and heaps to do here, it's the perfect mix of beach, activity, shops, bars and parks. And it's small enough to walk everywhere. I am definitely loving Penzance this time around!
After Lils and I had a good catch-up, I had a quick walk with Ruth along the prom, then went to Donnington Road for pizza and wine with my parents, sisters and their husbands. Tomorrow, Claire, Matt (and Louis) and I are going back up to Gloucestershire, so I won't be seeing Cornwall again for a while. I love it here, and I'm so glad I got to spend a good amount of time in my favourite place.

No comments:

Post a Comment