Wednesday, August 27, 2014

Wednesday 6 August – Back to the big smoke



Current location: Nailsworth
11.11am, Hanging out at Claire's house. Late in the afternoon I had to leave and go back to London but before then we went for a lovely walk, and had a delish lunch at Ruskin Mill. Louis is starting to eat now as well, so he was grabbing at our lunches and was up for trying everything!
I was really sad to leave but, luckily, thanks to a hilarious car journey, I was running late for my train so I didn't really have time to get sad or be emotional. But if I did have time, I would have told me amazing sister how proud of her I am, and how happy it has made me to see how happy she is in the wonderful life she has made herself!

When I got back to London, I met my lovely friend Thom, who I've been friends with since college and have sporadically but consistently (can you be both?!) stayed in touch with over the years. He's a super man, and was particularly super today when he offered to drive all my luggage back to my sister's house.

I was going to the National Theatre to watch a show called Great Britain with Kate, so after a coffee with Thom, I went off into the sunshine to meet her. We had a yummy Mexican dinner at Wahaca, then went to see the play – which was so, so good. It's (loosely) based on the News of the World and the phone-hacking scandal, and it was so, so good. The first half was really funny, and we didn't stop laughing, but it got pretty dark and serious in the second half, and we both left feeling very moved and a bit shell-shocked. I'm loving being in London and making the most of this awesome city!

No comments:

Post a Comment