Wednesday, August 13, 2014

Friday 18 July – Getting my jobs done





Current location: Lewisham
11.11am, At the dentist. While I'm in England, I have a few 'jobs' to get done…boring life admin things, so I decided to get them all done and dusted at the beginning of my holiday. So this morning (no-one on the commute – train was empty!) I went to the dentist (one of three appointments while I'm here), and then up to our old house in Lewisham to clear some of our stuff that we'd left in the basement. I thought there'd be a few boxes but, when I got there, I found mountains of Andy's things that needed sorting. Boring! It was also the hottest day ever, so I get a bit sulky about having to spend it in a basement. It was weird to be back in Lewisham again after so long, although it hasn't really changed too much (still got a Greggs!).

After I'd schlepped everything across London to my sister's house, I headed into Central London to have some drinks with my old work friends, and a few other people. It's all felt so normal coming back here, I'm loving it! So lovely to see everyone and have some drinks in the sunshine outside our old local. The jetlag got me after too long though, so I headed home to have dinner with Kate and then hit the hay.

No comments:

Post a Comment