Sunday, August 17, 2014

Monday 21 July – Friends galore!


Current location: Paddington Station
11.11pm, At the station, getting on the sleeper train. After a few days in London, I'm now going to Cornwall for the beachy part of my trip (hopefully, as long as the weather stays nice). Today was a busy one, where I managed to catch up with quite a lot of friends.
The day started with a trip to the dentist (yes, I sure know how to holiday!), then into the city to meet my beautiful friend Rhian who is a hot-shot lawyer and also a stunner. We had a liquid lunch (the liquid being soup, sadly) and caught up on all the goings-on in our lives. Rhi is such a busy bee and always has a lot going on, so it was fab to finally be able to see her and hug her and talk through everything.
Next I went to Soho to meet my lovely friend Emma, who I've known since I was 11. We went for a juice and sat out in the sunshine having a laugh and a chat and having that lovely, easy friendship that you get with someone you've known for so long. I'm very lucky to have such awesome people in my life.
Talking of awesome, I went home in the afternoon to go to the park and then have 'party tea' with Ella (my four-year-old niece), who finished nursery today and starts 'big school' in September. We all had a mini celebration and then Kate and I went out for dinner with two of her friends, Sarah and Lou, to a yummy Indian place in Clapham. I feel like I've seen a lot of London today! All that was left was a trip to Paddington to get on my train, fall asleep, then wake up in Penzance.

No comments:

Post a Comment