Sunday, January 5, 2014

Saturday 4 January - A long day of activity!




Current location: Umina Beach
11.11am, On the beach. I was with Ducky, her dog Frankie, Andy and the Lawrences' dog Dana, and we had come on a little doggie date. Dana and Frankie seemed to be mates, and so we had a walk, threw the ball for them for ages and had some good chats and catch-ups. It was a really warm day so we went for a sea swim, and marvelled about how we had met in London years ago and now we were splashing about in the sea on Australia's Central Coast. How life changes, but in a good way!

After our doggie date, Andy and I went home then he got ready to go and play tennis with his dad. I'm not particularly good at tennis but I was feeling pretty active so I went with them and had a bit of a hit around, with Andy and his dad giving me tips. I like to think I ended a bit less rubbish than when I started!

Thanks to our early start today, there was still time for more fun when we got back, so we grabbed, Jo, Val and Jess (who'd just arrived) and headed off to Avoca beach. I can't believe I haven't been there yet, it's bloody gorgeous! There's a really fun lagoon so we took the kayaks our and had a huge paddle for a while, then went home, had dinner and caught the train back to Sydney. 

No comments:

Post a Comment