Monday, November 25, 2013

Sunday 17 November – Rain, rain, go away



Current location: Ettalong Beach
11.11am, Reading my book, sitting on the sofa at Andy's parents' house. The plan was to come up here with my mum and dad because I wanted to show off the beautiful coast to them but, unfortunately, it hasn't stopped raining yet! Boo. 


In the afternoon, we went out to the markets, to have a shop and get out of the rain! Silly weather. I feel bad because it's been such beautiful, sunny weather in Australia for so long now, and I don't want Mum and Dad to experience it at it's rainy worst. Saying that, there have been so many bushfires etc recently, that most people are glad it's raining, so it's good in that way. 

We headed back to the house for a long, wine-fuelled dinner, then sat down to play Trivial Pursuit while the storm ravaged outside. Andy and I slept in the caravan that night, and it was amazing (and slightly scary!) to hear the thunder and the wind and rain, but be cosied up inside. 

No comments:

Post a Comment