Monday, November 25, 2013

Thursday 14 November – My first trip to Manly















Current location: Town Hall, Sydney

11.11am, Playing with Vinny, Zac and Bea. The Pyrahs had a taxi booked to take them to the airport at 11.30pm, so I was hanging out being Auntie Lucy while Pip and Jo packed up their stuff. It all felt so normal, it was hard to be sad they were leaving, I was just happy they'd come at all! What a feat for a big family with three kids including a six-month-old baby!

As they left, I had a little weep, but was feel good, especially as I immediately went to see my mum and dad, who are still visiting. Nothing like a cuddle from your parents to make you feel ace, however old you are! We decided to take advantage of the sunny weather (as more rain is predicted) and took a boat ride to Manly. I've been wanting to go ever since we moved to Sydney, but just hadn't really got around to it. Luckily, having visitors makes you act like you're on holiday, so off we went!

It's a beautiful place, half an hour's boat ride across the water from Sydney. The sun was shining so we headed straight to the beach, read our books, ate some lunch and had a beachy nap. Pretty different to going to the beach with kids, I'll be honest, but really lovely. And it's so nice to spend some time with Mum and Dad; it's just like we're at home in Cornwall! When we'd had enough sunshine (read: got a bit sunburnt, like true Brits!), we had a look around the town, bought a fluffy bear (Mum loves fluffy things, it's catching!) and had a coffee, before heading back across the harbour into Circular Quay. It was a beautiful evening, and we decided to carry it on with fish and chips (and a cheeky wine) by the Opera House. I really am blessed!

No comments:

Post a Comment