Sunday, November 10, 2013

Wednesday 30 October – The Pyrahs are here!!!!









Current location: Bondi Junction
11.11am, Being an auntie/sister!!! And being very overexcited!!! This morning, my sister, brother-in-law, nephews and niece arrived! Waiting for them in the airport, I could barely contain my excitement (and relief, having arrived in time after a wrong turn took us 8km in the wrong direction through rush-hour traffic!). When they arrived, it was so amazing, like I had seen them just the day before. They were so full of love and excitement and smiles. The last time I had seen baby Bea, she was a week old, and now she is a bonny, bouncing, grinning five-month-old gorgeous possum. What a love!

We went straight to where they are staying in Bondi Junction, then went out for a play and a walk in Centennial Park. The boys were pretty bouncy after having sat on a plane for hours, so they had a good run around while I had lots of overdue cuddles with Bea. There's nothing like the weight of a baby niece in your arms! When everyone started to get a bit tired and jetlagged, we went back to their house and the Pyrahs all had a nap, while Andy and I took Bea for a walk around the junction. After a coupe of hours, when everyone was up and awake again, we headed down to Bronte to meet Pippa's best friend and her family. The sun was shining, I had a day off, and I was having fun being a sister and auntie again!

I had to go back to Newtown at about 6pm for a haircut (long overdue), and by the time it was finished, it was a bit late to head back to Bondi, so I went home, watched The Bachelor, and started to get excited at the prospect of spending a couple of weeks with my family.

No comments:

Post a Comment