Monday, November 25, 2013

Tuesday 12 November – Girls v Boys






Current location: Darlinghurst, Sydney
11.11am, Eating breakfast. We were at Una's, an amazing little Austrian place that we sometimes go to for brunch, watching the rain come down outside and tucking into sausages and rostis (me) and pancakes (Mum and the boys). I love Una's!

When our appetites were sated, the girls went off shopping (Pippa, Mum, Bea and I), while the boys went off to play in the park (Jo, Dad, Andy, Vinny and Zac) – the sun was out by now! We met up with them later and sat together eating watermelon and veggie burgers. I love Australia – the vendors in the park, instead of selling chips and/or burgers, sell fresh fruit and zucchini burgers?!

Next we went to the Barracks Museum, which was built in 1819 to house convicts coming from overseas (mostly from Britain and Ireland). It was a fascinating place, with loads of the original aspects, such as beds and chains, still in the building.

At about 5pm, I left to go and play netball with Hoops, our mixed netball team. We always lose, but we're keen and enthusiastic (which makes it fun!) so off we went for another match. Predictably, we lost. But we enjoyed it! And this week, my friend Rianne, who I know from my amazing team in London, joined us. She has just moved over here, and it was so nice to be playing together again!

No comments:

Post a Comment