Friday, April 19, 2013

Saturday 6 April - Winning big, doing lots





 



Current location: Covent Garden
11.11pm, In Benito's Hat. Today had been a big mix of laziness (waking up late and not leaving the house until 5pm), and doing a lot (fitting in loads between 5pm and midnight). Feeling pretty lazy after last night, I slobbed about all morning, watching TV, blogging and doing some online gambling – only a £2 bet on the Grand National, though; does that count?! My mum loves the Grand National and manages to pick a winner every year so I tried to copy her pick for the race, but couldn't get through in time. In the end I went for Aurora's Encore at 80/1, purely because I thought it sounded funny trying to say the name. I watched the race half-heartedly, cheering the horses on but thinking mine had fallen over near the start. As it almost ended, I heard the commentator mention my horse and, lo and behold, off he went, first over the line! Yippee! I jumped up and down in my lounge on my own, and then checked my online account to see how much I'd won. There is something a lot less exciting about online betting, though... Every other year I've gone to the bookies (this is the only time of year I bet on stuff!) and there is definitely more a sense of winning or losing. Still, I was pretty pleased!

At 5ish, I pulled myself together and left the house to go and meet Rochy and Jdog. We went to the Roy Lichtenstein exhibition at the Tate, and it was really awesome! I especially liked his black and white stuff, and his mirrors. By the time we left, the sun was setting and the city looked absolutely beautiful. We walked along the South Bank for ages, looping back around and ending up in a bar on a boat on the River Thames. London really is awesome! After a drink or two and some nachos, we got the taste for Mexican so headed to Benito's Hat for tacos. What a fun weekend I'm having, and definitely making the most of London while we're still here!

No comments:

Post a Comment