Friday, April 19, 2013

Monday 1 April – From Cornwall to London in the blink of an eye






Current location: Somewhere between Cornwall and London
11.11pm, On a train. After skimping on the journey down, I opted for the sleeper train back to London. It was awesome! I got on at 9.30pm in Penzance, and literally high-fived Claire whose train arrived on the platform next to mine at 9.29pm. Higgins girls relay!

In the day, I'd been for a walk with Mum, Pip and the boys... We tried to go to Marazion but it was so windy, we last about 20 minutes before turning back and going for a coffee instead! A lovely afternoon, yummy dinner of homemade pasties, and all too soon it was time to board the train.

I'd never got the sleeper before, and it was very exciting! I got my own cabin, with a little bed, sink, TV...so cute, and I had an awesome night's sleep, arriving in London at about 6.30am. I then sat in the first class lounge for two hours, eating muffins, drinking coffee and reading my book until it was time to go to work.

No comments:

Post a Comment