Saturday, March 31, 2018

Tuesday 27 February – Turning on the charm















Current location: Sydney
11.11am, Having coffee with my friend Lucy. She is about to go into hospital for her second ACL surgery so we were having a chat about how she feels about it all (not great, but pretty focused and determined). In the morn I went to my physio, who has suggested I don't get the surgery yet (I found out I probably need ACL surgery on my other knee! Gutted). Anyway, knees aside, it was a lovey morning and then the extravaganza of Bree Davies planning a lunch began. She took me somewhere secret – and as we pulled up outside Icebergs in Bondi, I knew I was in for a treat. It was an incredibly sunny, blue and gorgeous day, and we'd dressed up and we were ready to be ladies who lunch. I don't even know how to describe the amazingness that was out four-hour lunch; we had the 7-course tasting menu and drank some amazing wine, and chatted properly about everything under the sun. It was soooo so so special to have this time with Bree, she has been such a brilliant friend and I am utterly grateful she's my sister-in-law! We left Icebergs four hours later quite sozzled but super happy, and then went back to Sha's for Bookwurmz. So many amazing women, discussing a book called The Power (I have too many thoughts on it to write here); today was truly unforgettable.

No comments:

Post a Comment