Monday, November 29, 2010

Saturday 27 November - The last hurrah























11.11pm, Dancing in Friedrichshain for Susann's birthday! My super Sus is the big 3-0 on Wednesday and she sure knows how to throw a party to celebrate. It was the perfect last evening of Berlin.

Because yes, as of tomorrow, I will no longer live in Berlin. Due to various reasons (end of flat lease, friends leaving, mine and Andy's employment prospects), Andy and I have decided not to come back to Berlin after this two-week stint in London. Instead, I am going home for the Christmas holidays (10th Dec-4th Jan - it's like being a student again!), where Andy will join me for his third Cornish Christmas.

Then after the next two-week London stint, I will pop over to Austria, where Andy is moving to for the winter season. His photography has been really taking off, especially the snow stuff, so he's decided to immerse himself in the season properly. I'm so excited for us as Kitzbühel, Austria, is a beautiful place with awesome people, and I love new adventures. We may return to Berlin but, for the moment, this is the beginning of The Austrian Chapter.

However, last night, as I looked around the room at the people I'm lucky enough to love and call my friends, I realised quite how much I am going to miss Berlin and its inhabitants: My dream girls, Eri and Emma; Anna Lena, my gorgeous guru; Alex, beautiful in person and spirit; Keno "You're so beautiful" Wins; Meg, my American dream; and Susann, my one and only.

There's so much I could say about the summer, the autumn, the winter, the apartment, the glühwein, the sausages, the snow, the sunshine, the parks, the leaves, the shops, the words, the customs, the streets, the breakfasts, the fashion, the prices, the lakes, the history, the bars, the beer, the bikes, the adventures. But I guess what it all comes down to is that I love Berlin. x

No comments:

Post a Comment