Friday, November 19, 2010

Tuesday 16 November - See ya later Naxonator





11.11pm, Having leaving drinks for Nick Jackson (Naxon), who was here for a month working on a blockbuster film (I'm not sure if I'm allowed to tell you which one yet). It's been so much fun having him around (he hails from Australia but usually resides in Munich); he's a super human and, while he was in Berlin, he did something even more super-human than usual: he proposed to his girlfriend! Lovely Alisa was visiting for the weekend and, unbeknown to her, there was a very detailed plan that involved Potsdam, twins hiding in bushes with a camera and a Super 8 video camera, and a signal that went along the lines of 'When I drop my hat, start shooting'. It worked like a treat and, as the pictures show, the whole she-bang went down very well with Alisa too. Loads of love to the two of you.

So as a farewell to Nick, we went to Berlin's newest chicken Imbiss (Hühnerhaus should be scared!), Angry Chicken. It's amazing; the choice you have is between Friendly chicken (like KFC), Sexy chicken (similar but with soy and garlic), Angry Chicken (Spicy and goooooood) or So So Angry chicken (too hot for my immature palate to handle!)

Eri, Emma and I had pretty purple hands the whole evening, as we had been tie-dying earlier in the day. It's been literally about 14 years since I tie-dyed anything, so I'm excited to see the results... Watch this (very 60s) space!

(Pictures © Nick Lawrence)

3 comments:

  1. legendary, such kind words, had a blast with you guys, I'm sure I will be seeing you all again soon.

    ReplyDelete
  2. thank you so much for posting this...silvia (mom % mom in law)

    ReplyDelete
  3. No problem! It was a joy to share in their excitement! x

    ReplyDelete