Friday, November 26, 2010

Tuesday 23 November - Walks, talks and forks





11.11pm, Eating one of the nicest meals I've ever had. Mum and Dad took Andy and I out for dinner to Kuchen Kaiser, a traditional German restaurant that encompasses all that is good about Germany. We were very Deutsch; Mum has sauerkraut, Dad and Andy had schnitzel and I had dumplings. They were amazing and served with a casserole of the most tender beef I have ever eaten and a delicious sauce. Mmmmm. Dessert was apple strudel with custard... and melon, weirdly.

We'd worked up a good appetite during the day with a vigorous walk around Schlachtensee (my favourite place in Berlin). It was a bit of a shock being there just as the weather is turning wintery, after the last time was such a beautiful display of autumn colours. It was still pretty awesome though; I love that this place exists in Berlin... And I love that my ace parents are getting to see one of the cities I love most in the world.

No comments:

Post a Comment