Tuesday, November 23, 2010

Monday 22 November - Sleigh bells ring...






11.11pm, Sharing the last drop of wine with Mum and Dad after a busy, wonderful day of exploring. We headed into Alexanderplatz (in the centre of Berlin) first, where the Christmas markets had opened... Mum ate her first bratwurst ("The best sausage I've ever tasted!") and Andy and I ate a snowball (made of biscuit). Being at the Christmas markets encompasses so many of the reasons as to why I love both Berlin and Christmas: sausages, Glühwein (mulled wine), twinkling lights, wooden decorations, gingerbread treats and the real excitement of the fast-approaching festive season.

Considering I've been counting down to these markets since October, I was pretty excited. Also, my mum has a pretty similar personality to me, so we were both in enthusiasm overload.

After a ridiculously tasty Vietnamese lunch (Mum: "This is the best soup I've ever tasted!"), we headed over to the West, where there were even better Christmas markets. Mum bought tree decorations, Andy and I had Glühwein, Dad happily doled out the money for us to spend and I bathed in the joy of so many of my favourite things and people in one place.

No comments:

Post a Comment