Tuesday, November 2, 2010

Monday 1 November - Back in the tea round


11.11am, In a meeting with my new boss, learning about my new job. I love working again; it's so nice to have a desk, and be in on a tea round, and talk about last night's telly. I actually did quite a lot of work today (I wrongly assumed it would be a 'settling-in' day), and had some good chats with workmates about, among other things, Friday night drinks, selling staplers on eBay and goats' eyes; I think I like it here!

Ps. How weird is this iPhone app - It decides who should make the tea: "Our democratic selection process solves all brew-related arguments." ...Erm, what?! Saying that, I had four cups of tea made for me today and didn't make a single one for anyone else, so maybe my new colleagues are frantically downloading this app as we speak.

1 comment:

  1. Totally get you. I miss the whole having your own desk, regular route to work/time of starting work, being part of a tea round thing. Freelancing has been good, but could do with a regular stint now, even if it was just part time, so I could freelance the rest. Also need to talk to you at some point about upping our blogs on the page rank thing, linking to each other's blogs, etc, to get more readership (and cashola). But that's another time. For now, I'm really enjoying dipping into Eleven Eleven for regular Lucy updates and reminders of Deutschland. xxx

    ReplyDelete