Friday, November 26, 2010

Wednesday 24 November - The first snow




11.11pm, Having dinner with Susann and Anna Lena at Altes Europa, a smoky gem of a bar/restaurant with amazing food (yet again, I'm being spoilt) and even better cocktails. Sus was taking us out for our birthdays and the three of us had such a perfect night; girlie chats like tonight's are one of the reasons I am so glad to be a girl. On the way home from our dream dinner/drinks, I stopped off at Jannowitzbrücke, where Andy was at an album launch of some friends. I had a drink and a dance and spent some time meeting new people and holding up friends (literally holding them up, as they were falling asleep on the dancefloor).

Earlier in the day, I'd been to Sachsenhausen concentration camp with Mum, Dad and Andy. I'd been before with Lee in the summer but it was a complete contrast to this time, where it was so bitterly cold and grey, and made it seem all the more awful.

Mum and Dad went home tonight (I packed them off on the bus to the airport, then realised it was going in the wrong direction – they got there ok though). I feel a bit sad they've gone, but so so happy they managed to come to visit before we leave here (at the end of the week, eek!). They got to see our beautiful flat, they treated us time and time again, they saw the best and worst of Berlin weather (mostly worst, although today it snowed for the first time this winter!) and they were an absolute pleasure to have stay. I love them both to pieces.

No comments:

Post a Comment