Tuesday, November 9, 2010

Sunday 7 November - Busy bodies


11.11pm, Just arriving home from a busy but brilliant day.
I woke up a bit late after going to Clapham for a friend's leaving party the night before. When I'd had a coffee and got myself moving, I walked into central London (one hour's walk, but I think I was ambling slowly) and met Lily, one my best friends who was visiting from Penzance. We met at Liberty's and had high tea with her mum and sister: it's become a bit of a ritual whenever we are both in London, and it's such a lovely way to spend an afternoon. Then we ambled through Liberty's while Lily bought lots of pretty buttons for her business (Pretty Things From Pickle) before going our separate ways: Lily back to Penzance, me to my sister's house in Balham. I then spent the afternoon and most of the evening playing with my amazing 11-month-old niece, Ella. She's a little gorgeous monkey, so sweet but learning to bite at the moment: both my foot and Kate's finger fell victim to her iron jaws! After a delish dinner with Kate and Jim (her husband), i came back to our cosy Angel home, where Ruth, Nicky and Jack were just arriving too after watching fireworks in Vic Park. A cup of tea and a chat later, and it was bedtime. Lovely.
(Picture taken from Tea.co.uk - Tea at Liberty's really does look like this!)

No comments:

Post a Comment