Tuesday, October 26, 2010

Sunday 24 October - A new hangout


11.11pm, Curled up in bed reading my book after just having got home from some drinks with Megan. She took me to an awesome little bar near our houses as she's just moved back to a few roads away from me, hooray! Anyway the bar is called Kachel 54 but I can't find anything about it online, so I think it's pretty new. It is a typical Berlin bar in the way that it is dark, comfy, candle-lit, perfect for red wine etc, but what makes it stand out is the guy that owns it: the friendliest, sweetest man. He must be in his 50s, full of life and excitement and the funniest taste in music: think 2Pac, The Fugees and Salt N Pepa. He also goes around the bar with jars of sweets and nuts. I think I'll be going back.

(Picture of sweets taken from Text Marketer)

1 comment:

  1. Love that place! I honestly have been feeling so much better since I got back to the neighborhood. Can't wait until Friday!

    Xx. Megan

    ReplyDelete