Sunday, October 10, 2010

Sunday 10 October - Amazing autumn



11.11am, Marvelling at the leaves. I know I keep commenting on them, but the colours and huge amount of leaves in Berlin really astounds me. They are so beautiful and they're at the point now where they're falling all the time. We live in a tree-lined street (the top left picture is a view from our kitchen window) and so often there's a big flurry of leaves coming down all around you as you walk along. I never realised I was so into leaves, but almost every day they are a different colour and it's amazing to see. Autumn is fast becoming my favourite season.

It's strange to think that a year ago I was here visiting Andy, still playing in the colourful autumn leaves, but with no idea that I would be living here and seeing them for myself every day, in less than 12 months.

The picture on the top right of us jumping is from this time last year, taken by the award-winning photographer that is Andy Lawrence. He's got a new blog, so you should check it out here, and he's working on a new website too, so watch this space.

No comments:

Post a Comment