Monday, October 18, 2010

Sunday 17 October - Easy rider



11.11am, Waking up and getting ready to go and meet Susann and Colin for lunch. Colin's leaving today to go back to Amsterdam, so Andy and I cycled to Prenzlauer Berg to meet join them at the French Cafe of Dreams.
After we'd eaten and said our goodbyes, Andy and I went to a fleamarket in Neukölln, where we've managed to pick up some pretty good stuff in the past (See here for some of our other treasures from there). But all past purchases were surpassed by what Andy bought today. Oh no, it's not just another bike (taking his tally up to three). It's the world's most awesome bike. It's a red chopper bike (looks like the one in the picture, taken from StreetLowRider). And when Wikipedia describes choppers as "a bicycle that is designed to get attention and provide a smooth comfortable ride", they're not wrong. It looks hilarious/amazing and you feel like you're riding the bike from the comfort of an armchair. I think it's Andy's favourite thing in the whole entire world.
Ps. I wore my new shoes today. I love my new shoes.

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you had an amazing weekend! I totally should have joined for mini-golf. Next time!

    ReplyDelete