Sunday, October 3, 2010

Saturday 2 October - The (Naked) X Factor




11.11pm, Cowering under a duvet on the sofa, watching Saw, one of my all-time favourite films. Andy and I had a very indulgent day, which included waking up in our beautiful new home, going for an explore in our new neighbourhood and going food shopping. It was the best food shop ever because we decided to indulge ourselves; the rule was: "Anything you want, you can have'. This led to the purchase of such goodies as Kinder Eggs, garlic bread and Christmas chocolate (yes! Christmas stuff in the shops, wooo!). I think we were quite restrained though, seeing as we nearly ended up with advent calenders and bamboo shoots.


It's getting so cold now in Berlin, proper hat-scarf-and-gloves cold, so we went back to our nice centrally heated house and started eating all the treats we'd bought, before making a big dinner we couldn't finish and watching Saw.

I was feeling a little England-sick as I knew The X Factor was on and I couldn't watch it. But the 'fix all problems' guy that is Andy managed to find me 'Das Super Talent' - think a German (very German!) version of Britain's Got Talent. Though while you guys in the UK were watching hot young singers making Cheryl cry, I had to make do with some of Germany's strangest inhabitants and their love of being naked... I think the pictures say it all.

Oh Deutschland, how I love you for your lack of shame and your inability to be embarrassed.

No comments:

Post a Comment