Monday, October 18, 2010

Saturday 16 October - The French quarter






11.11pm, In Peligro with everyone, after having had a thoroughly delightful afternoon with Susann. We went for a long walk around Neukölln, and then after fighting our way through Gangstaville, managed to stumble upon the Parisian Quarter. Who knew?! Down a random backstreet we found the loveliest little place called Vux Cafe. Please visit the website and look at the pictures, because I can't really do justice to how amazing all the food looked, especially the cakes. It's a Vegan cafe and was a super-sweet little haven from the big, bad rain outside. We both had pumpkin soup with corn and chilli bread, delish. The cafe has just had its first birthday and seems to be going from strength to strength so, if you're in the area, it's definitely worth a visit (on Richardstrasse). After our little visit to France, Sus and I went home with a bottle of wine, before heading to everyone's favourite bar.
And, as if the day couldn't be any better, Nick and Colin went to Niketown and picked me up my first ever pair of Nike High-tops. I'm in love with them; picture to follow soon.

2 comments:

  1. I can't believe there is a Parisian Quarter and I didn't find it?! I feel like such a fraud wanna-be French person.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This place looks sehr schon. LOVING your blog, it's making me feel very seasonal at the moment. Kussen. xxx

    ReplyDelete