Monday, October 4, 2010

Sunday 3 October - Markets, mint and mushrooms



11.11pm, Trying on my new purchases that I got from a flea market today. I don't know what the flea market is called, but it is on Werbellinstrasse, near where we used to live. It was one of those ace, random ones, where everything has been there for about 20 years and no one has clocked on to how cool the stuff they're selling is, so it's mega cheap and friendly. I got a new hat for winter and a pretty scarf, while Andy bought the world's funniest rain jacket (he looks about five years old in it) and a crazy camera machine to show Super 8 film, or something. At the stall we bought the scarf/jacket from, we didn't even have enough money for one of the items (once we'd haggled, no less), but she let us have them anyway, with a polite suggestion that we bring the money we owed next week; so freundlich!

I had a yummy lunch today too; Andy made his new signature dish (though I don't know if it can be signature if it's new?!): Minty mushrooms. They are divine and I wolfed them down.

No comments:

Post a Comment