Friday, January 15, 2016

Monday 21 December - Times to treasure








Current location: Penzance, Cornwall
11.11am, Swimming with the kids. We were at Penzance Leisure Centre with all the kids (seven) and most of the adults (six), doing a bit of swimming and a lot of splashing. days start much earlier with all my nieces and nephews around, and I'm loving how much we're packing into each day!
At lunchtime, we'd all regrouped to go to the cinema, to celebrate Zac's birthday. There were about 15 children, lots of lemonade and burgers and chips and presents and games and mess and giggles, and then we went into the cinema to watch The Good Dinosaur (only OK, I wouldn't rush to see it! Bit sad, bit weird, bit long).

After a fun day, I had such a special evening... All us girls (my mum and sisters) and Dad got dressed up and drank Champagne together, and Mum gave me Nana's engagement ring. My nana was so brilliant, so warm and funny and lovely and kind, just how a perfect nana should be. When she died, Mum was given her engagement ring, and she offered it to each of my sisters when they got engaged. My very kind and generous sisters all saved it for when I got engaged, so now the ring has been passed to me. It's so beautiful, I love it. I also loved how special tonight was, we all just sat around wearing nice clothes, drinking nice Champagne and having such lovely conversations about Nana and about marriage. Times to treasure. 

No comments:

Post a Comment