Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Tuesday 15 December – Honey I'm home!






Current location: Penzance, Cornwall
11.11pm, Sitting on the couch, chatting to Mum and Dad. The whirlwind tour of the UK continued today, with a morning at Pat and Den's in Skewen, then off to Port Talbot to see Grandma. We went for an early lunch, then to the crematorium to put some flowers on my nana, grampy, and grandad Archie's graves. When Andy and I got engaged in September, my mum gifted me my nana's engagement ring, which is beautiful, so I had a little chat with Nana and checked it was OK. I got the sense she said yes! I'm sad she never got to meet Andy... two very gentle souls. 

We drove back to Penzance through some really bad weather – December in England is definitely playing up to its cold and rainy reputation! When we got back, I went straight to my nephew Vinny's carol concert. He had no idea (the kids all thought I was arriving the next day) and I felt quite a lot like Hugh Grant in Love Actually, rushing into the concert as it was about to start and surprising Vinny, Zac and Bea. So fun! They were so cute, and introduced me to their teachers and didn't stop hugging me. After the concert, I went back to Pip's for dinner and wine, then home to hang with Mum and Dad some more.   


No comments:

Post a Comment