Wednesday, January 13, 2016

Saturday 12 December









Current location: Stroud, Gloucestershire
11.11pm,  Lying on the couch with my niece Anna, as pictured above. Today was a loooong day, but such a special one. I arrived at Heathrow this morning, and my amazing sister Kate was there to meet me. It was like Love Actually – Heathrow arrivals at Christmas. So gorgeous. Kate and I went to hers for a yummy brunch and a hang with my niece Ella (who was feeling a bit poorly) and nephew Jake. I love seeing my nieces and nephews after a long time, because they just slip straight into normal mode, like we've never been apart. 

After a few hours, Jim drove me to my friend Sara's house, where I lay on the couch and chatted and caught up with the gorgeous girls (Sara, Emily, Sarah and Catdog) while they made an epic Christmas dinner, and we played Christmas games, quizzes and organised fun. These girls make my heart happy. Dinner was soooo good, and I was having so much fun I didn't even give in to the jetlag that was slowly creeping up on me. 

By the time the evening came, it was time to get on a train and go and see my sister Claire and her children Louis (my godson) and Anna, who I hadn't met yet. She's been a bit unwell and had a rough first few weeks or two. Being in Aus so far away and not having met her was hard, and I just couldn't wait for a cuddle. Claire knew exactly what I was feeling so, after a tricky train journey where I had to use every fibre of my being not to fall asleep, as soon as my train pulled up, Claire put Anna in my arms and everything was right with the world!

I have had the most unbelievable, fulfilling, beautiful day filled with so many of the people who make my life worth living and the 41-hour trip worthwhile! 


No comments:

Post a Comment