Tuesday, January 19, 2016

Thursday 24 December – Christmas Eve with my faves





Current location: 
11.11am, Drinking coffee. I was with my schoolfriends, who I've known since I was 11. We were having our annual Christmas catch-up, but also meeting two new members of our group... The oldest and youngest of the group: baby Freedie, born this week (to Emma and her husband Lee), and Steve, new fiance of Helen. 
We had the loveliest time catching up, holding babies, drinking coffee, being excited for Christmas and weddings, and feeling sorry for Lil who had to serve us all (we'd met at the cafe she works at, so that she could be there too!).
Afterwards, I went to see Kate's husband's new gym, then we drove to Penzance for an impromptu lunch... with all my family! We went to the beautiful Sculpture Gardens, and I had one of my fave foods in the world (their Croque Monsieur). 
Back home, I had a few hours to wrap present and put them under the tree ready for tomorrow, before we all went to Christmas mass. Feeling festive and with no children to look after, Mum, Dad and I went to the Union (another Christmas tradition) for a drink, then home to go to sleep and wait for Santa to visit!


No comments:

Post a Comment