Monday, July 10, 2017

Friday 2 June – Go me, and goodbye!








Current location: Erskineville
11.11pm, Partying and drinking. Today was my last day at work, and was mine and Patrick's leaving party. The day was a funny one, just a lot of last-day admin, and then I had an appt with my surgeon Dr Broe. Today I am 10-week post-op, and he gave me the OK so start on a running program! I am so excited! I was also excited because I drove to the hospital in Randwick in bad traffic, got a rockstar park, my phone died so I had to navigate myself back a different way (and this is only exciting because I hate driving and never do it in Sydney so I was giving myself high-fives afterwards).

I came back from the hospital and went straight to the pub, where the leaving party was ramping up! There was bunting with our faces on, Patrick and Lucy-style wigs and glasses, lots of drinks and yummy foods, and some of my fave people ever. We had some funny and very lovely speeches, played a couple of funny games and then just enjoyed the eve. Leaving doesn't seem real!

No comments:

Post a Comment