Monday, August 19, 2013

Thursday 8 August – Feeling the love








Current location: Alfred's Cove, WA
11.11pm, Saying goodbye to Carly. My beautiful girl (blurry pic!) had come over to Lauren's for dinner, and we made Italian meatballs, carrying on with the theme of the past few nights of pizza and pasta). She's such a sweetheart and the three of us (me, Carlz and Lauren) had a fab time reminiscing and laughing. 

Andy was staying in north Perth with Keno, but we'd had an ace day together. We went into the city and enjoyed a yummy big breakfast, then had a potter, seeing some of the places Andy used to work, shopping, eating and drinking. We were dodging the rain again but this time I didn't moan quite so much about my wet feet! Then the sun came out and Andy left to go to Keno's, and I sat down with my book and a juice and marvelled at how much I love being in WA. 

I don't know if it's the people, the scenery – it's definitely not the weather! – or just the general feeling, but I just feel so at home here. I am so amazed, and grateful, that my parents decided to move their family to WA for a year when we were all children. It must have been a pretty scary prospect for them at the time, but I honestly feel like it changed and moulded me as a person, and that I owe a lot of my personality to how it was shaped in that year. 

No comments:

Post a Comment