Monday, July 18, 2016

Wednesday 13 July – Gutted


Current location: Eveleigh
11.11am, At work, blissfully unaware. A few hours later, my physio would call and tell me he had the results of an MRI I had yesterday. He sent me to get an MRI done on my left knee, following an awkward landing at netball a couple of weeks ago. First off, it was looking like torn cartilage, but hasn't been getting better and the swelling hasn't gone down. It turns out there's good reason for that: I have ruptured my ACL and torn my meniscus. In short, I need surgery. And no more netball for probably a year. Or football. Or any team sports. Gutted doesn't really come close.
Luckily, in the evening, we went to our friends Juan and Gosia's house, and they made us dinner and fed me wine and that made me much happier. But still, gutted.

No comments:

Post a Comment