Friday, July 8, 2016

Thursday 7 July – Birthday feasting



Current location: Alexandria

11.11am, Drinking coffee. I got up to watch the Wales v Portugal Euro semi-final this morning (Wales lost, booooo), which resulted in me being pretty tired out all day! I got my second wind in time for the evening though, when I went out to Bodega in Surry Hills for my friend Em's birthday. It was such a good restaurant – we ate like kings – and the company was awesome too... We ate calamari, and mussels, and the most insanely good bread I've ever had (really), and prosciutto, and pork, and fish, and pumpkin salad – although just calling them 'pork' and 'pumpkin salad' etc is really selling them short. The food was amazing! We were almost too full for the desserts – milk parfait with raspberry granita, and a banana-split inspired dessert – but dug deep and managed to eat them all. So yummy and fun (and blurry). 

No comments:

Post a Comment